Friday, December 15, 2006

Eating Tips For The Holidays

These are not my tips, but they are a swell guideline.......enjoy!

1.) Avoid carrot sticks at all cost....cheap filler.

2.)Drink as much eggnog as you possibly can, you can't find it any other time of the year.

3.)If something comes with gravy, eat it. Smother it on and over everything. Make a mini-volcano out of your mashed potatoes, and pretend it's hot lava.

4.)As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they are made with whole or skim milk. If they are made with skim milk, pass.

5.)Do not eat all day before going to a party. C'mon it's free!!

6.)If you come across something really good at the buffet table, position yourself nearby and do not budge. Eat as much of it as you can without drawing too much attention to yourself.You may not see that again for another year.

7.)Pies? Have at least one piece of each. When else can you have more than one desert?

8.)Fruitcake? Don't eat fruitcake at a party!

9.)One final tip..If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party...Reread tips and start over.

10.) And remember this motto..."Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, screaming...WHAT A RIDE!!! " (this post is not for signgurl)

11 comments:

SignGurl said...

You are a mean, mean man!

Jenn aka SignGurl

G-Man said...

Sign, I warned you.....Galen

jillie said...

I have no problem following those. However, the only one I would add to wear s-t-r-e-t-c-h pants. Do you know if they have one for the drinking too? If not, I am sure I can make one up of me own.

And you never know about Brett...this may be his last game in GB and I WILL BE THERE...maybe not in leathers but I will be there!
Have a great wknd g-man ;o)

G-Man said...

Jillie, Harley California girls don't wear stretch pants.
You certainly don't need em!
Go Packers...

lime said...

ok, i like carrot sticks and loathe eggnog...so i am breaking # 1 & 2....

as for the multiple desserts.....the rule at the extended family si that my mother must be last in the dessert line because she does sample everything. she skimps on dinner just so she has room for massive dessert. of course we also lob the rolls at people from across the room if anyone is silly enough to ask for them to be 'passed.'

jillie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING? I am SOOOOOO packed and ready to go said the mighty green and gold! lol....

Oh you betch der hey!

jillie said...

Oopss....I said that wrong (it's too early for me right not ok?)

It WAS suppose to read oh you betcha ya der ey!

Man...I really need some coffee now!
;o)

Manny said...

At my party I will serve:

Sausage balls

Chicken wings ( terriaki and buffalo)

Meat and cheese tray
8 diiferent kinds of buns and bread
6 meats, 6 cheeses

stuffed bread (meat n cheese)

cream cheese and chipped beef cheese ball

Jalapeno cheese ball

Lots of crackers

chocolate fondue fountain with fruit

Home made Christmas cookies (5 varieties)

coconut cake

earthquake cake

peach pie (made from scratch)
pecan pie(same way)

Relish tray

Various other foods

Alcholhic beverages
punch
soda
bottled water

I spend more on food then I do gifts.

Each guest will receive a gift bag. You are invited, bring your lovely wife along. You are only an hour or so away. The party is tonight.

GAB said...

OK lets see if I can comment today!
I dont drink. But I do like eggnog. As for deserts I will have some small bites of everything but I will not eat the whole thing(snicker)Go Vikes! lol

G-Man said...

Oh my God this blogger is really whacked today, thanks for visiting.

jillie said...

Ok, after refreshing my memory by looking at your profile...you life in MI, no wonder you know all about this good food....duh! Should have known ;o) Or should I say "good BEER"