Sunday, August 14, 2011

Anybody Got a Tums?.....







.

What to do on a rainy Sunday with no one home?
How about raiding the freezer and the fridge, and
and see what you can improvise?
.
Pic #1...Pesto! I didn't have any Pine Nuts so I used
Pecan Pieces. No Basil so I used Parsley and Cilantro.
No fresh Parmesian, so I used the sprinkle kind. Garlic.
But I DID have Olive Oil...Blend, and dump over pasta!
.
Pic #2...In a bag add sliced Summer Squash, sliced Tomatoes,
sliced Peppers, cut up chunks of Cheese, chopped Cilantro
and Parsley, Add about a cup of Italian Bread Crumbs,Onions, Garlic
shake well, dump in an Oven Dish.....Bake!!
.
Pic#3...Season the Fresh Pork Butt to your taste, cover with
foil and bake at 300 for 6 hours. At this point you can either
have Pulled Pork, or you can have a delicious filling for
Tamales. The Pork just falls apart.
.
Pic#4...In the bowels of my freezer I found a package of
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that had a Little Caesars Logo,
so it must have been bought for a fund raiser. There was
enough for 5 Dozen Cookies. I thawed it out and they turned
out Terrific!!
.
Reese finally made it home, my buddy Alex stopped by, and we
feasted like Kings.....
It's GOOD to be The King!!
Peace...!!!

18 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

amazing stuff.

Brian Miller said...

dude...you ate high on the hog...snickers

Serena said...

Looks good!

Maude Lynn said...

You can cook for me any time, G-Man!

hedgewitch said...

I make that zucchini thing all the time in summer. It totally rocks. And the Meat-Eater-in-Chief makes the pork butt, a LOT. We have it pulled on buns with a good BBQ sauce and pickles. But the cookies are killin me...they look wonderful--have't had em in ages.

TALON said...

What a Yummy Kingdom, Galen :)

Mona said...

GALEN! I loooove you!

Larry said...

sounds scrumptious... looks great in the picture too..

Subhrashis Adhikari said...

wow...I'm hungry now..

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Tums you're gonna need your stomach pumped.

No. Seriously. It looks fekkin' awesome.

MorningAJ said...

What a creative chef you are! Love the look of that veggie wonder in pic 2!

Have you met Auntie Anne?

secret agent woman said...

I'm a believer in cooking improvisation - some of the best foods are created that way. (But I wouldn't put nasty cilantro in anything.)

Akelamalu said...

Crikey you had a P.A.R.T.Y.!!!!! LOL

G-Man said...

Doc...
Cilantro is delicious and fresh and zippy!

Unknown said...

You going all "domestic" on us? What a fun way to spend the afternoon. I make pesto out of whatever herbs I have available. Usually I mix up oregano, rosemary, thyme, chopped almonds, lemon juice, parmesan, garlic, olive oil. Mmmmmmm.

My son would love a care package of pulled pork please!

izzy said...

I would have loved to cook up a storm
on sat or sun- however no time! It is pouring here now- maybe I can cook today!
thanks.

Evelyn said...

can it still be called pesto if there was no basil? lol

lime said...

i'm hungry now!