Sunday, September 8, 2013

M...CIS.....?





Hi Everybody...
What a GREAT Saturday for the G-Man!!
First of all a night game between the two winningest teams in NCAA
history, a 41-30 thumping of The Fighting Irish, your second biggest rival.
Being part of THE largest crowd to watch a college game 115, 134...EVER!!!
And the topper?.....Leroy Jethro Fucking Gibbs!!!!!
Every game Michigan honors one of it's many past heroes, and this game
it was Tom Harmon...Old 98.
Tom Harmon played for Michigan in 1939 and 1940.
He was a superstar on both offense and defense. He was a two time All American.
He was Michigan's first Heisman Award winner.
He also punted and kicked extra points and field goals.
He was the first athlete to make the transition from playing to broadcasting.
Anyway, the athlete or the athlete's family usually receives a commemorative
jersey in honor of the occasion. Mark Harmon of NCIS fame happens to be
Tom Harmon's son. He was there to accept and to make a little speech.
Of course in my section I started chanting..Jethro..Jethro..Jethro...soon my
fellow section-mates took up the chant as well...It Was Electric!!!!!

My Friends.....Being that I've been to the Orchard for Hot Do-Nuts right out of
the grease, and coupled with last nights delirium , this was a Kick Ass Week-End!!!

12 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Grease laden doughnuts....your cholesterol is weeping...

Fireblossom said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Brian Miller said...

so how much did your heart drop when he threw that interception in the end zone....

hedgewitch said...

Very cool learning the past history of the parent of the absolutely sexiest man on television, Mark Harmon. I am green with envy you got to see him in person. (It's not the doughnuts, I swear, I'm only a pale lime over those.)

Maude Lynn said...

Naturally, I thought of you when I heard they got the win!

TALON said...

So glad you had a fabulous weekend, Galen. :) I'm sooooo jealous about those donuts!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yup, I asked my husband who won that game just cuz I was thinking of you, G!
Glad your weekend kicked ass!

the walking man said...

uh-oh football season is officially here. Damn!

Mary said...

Well, hmmph, glad that YOU had a good weekend.

As for me, being a Cheesehead, I am officially pouting today. What a disappointment. Sigh.

Jannie Funster said...

Well, holy KRAP -- what a time. Biggest audience ever? Majorly cool.

Vive les Maple Leafs... Wait, wrong sport.

oxo

Margaret said...

I am SO CAUGHT UP in your excitement! I have always thought Mark Harmon seemed like a nice (normal) guy... now I know why.

Donuts, fresh out of the grease - I'm talking the old fashioned kind, not the fancy fangled kind... perhaps a bit of pumpkin or apple spices thrown in ... maybe cinnamon & sugar coated... Woo hoo

NOW I know why my husband was glued to the tv last night... I can't believe he didn't call me to the tv to hear Mark Harmon speak.. I'm on the warpath now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjWWcbnNHr0

OK... John is safe now! I need to let Joy (Hedgewitch know) :)

hedgewitch said...

Thanks, Margaret--I am swooning over here. ;_) (And not over the doughnuts.)